- Jump Start Program
Jump Start Program
What is Jump Start Program?
The mission of the IU Kokomo Jump Start Program is to assist 21st Century, first generation scholars, and students of color to successfully transition from high school to Indiana University Kokomo. By participating in the Jump Start Program, students will make connections with other students, staff and faculty. Students will also become acquainted with the campus resources and learn how to effectively and efficiently utilize Financial Aid, Academic Advising, Career Center, Registrar, Bursar and other campus resources. Through this program, students will also learn how to succeed in their educational program.
What is the JS Kickoff program?
The JS Kickoff program is your first introduction to Jump Start. You will explore the campus through fun activities, gain an understanding of how financial aid works, develop friendships, and become acquainted with peers, staff and faculty.
What do I need to bring?
• Check-in between 9:00 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.
• Bring a picture ID
• Park in Student Parking area by Kresge Auditorium and the Kelley Student Center
• Plan to be on campus until at least 3:15 p.m.
• Wear comfortable and casual clothing
• Come prepared to learn, build connections, and have fun