Frequently Asked Questions
IU Kokomo Business Undergraduate Degrees FAQ
1. What kind of job can I get with this degree?
The marketing and international business concentration is particularly appropriate for careers in the following in various types of organizations:
- Brand Management
- Market Planning
- Industrial Marketing
- International Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Management
The accounting concentration prepares students for careers in:
- Corporate Accounting and Management Services
- Governmental and Nonprofit Organizations
The concentration in finance and economics prepares students for management careers in:
The management curriculum is designed with maximum flexibility to accommodate those students who have explicit career objectives and interests in several management areas including human resources.
2. How many classes do I have to take?
You will need 120-126 credit hours which translates to 40-42 classes.
3. What kinds of classes will I have to take?
In addition to learning about all of the functional areas of business, you will earn a well-rounded general education.
4. What is accreditation and what does it mean?
IU Kokomo School of Business is AACSB accredited, ranking us among the top 5% of business schools in the world.
5. How many students will be in my classes?
Your business classes will have from 10-30 students. Our small classes allow you to have personal attention. You won’t be just a number to your professors.
6. What are faculty qualifications?
All of our full time business faculty have PhD's or the equivalent. You will not be taught by graduate students.
7. Can I do an internship with this program?
We encourage internships.
8. Can I study abroad with this degree?
You certainly can. IU Kokomo students have traveled to Great Britain, South Korea and many other countries.
9. Will you help me find a job when I graduate?
Our Career Services office has listings of job openings in the area. In addition, you are invited to participate in job fairs at IUPUI.
10. Are there student organizations for this degree?
You can join either the Accounting Council or Students in Free Enterprise (S.I.F.E.).
11. How can I get in touch with my professor?
Faculty are required to have office hours and encourage students to contact them in person, by phone or by email.
12. Do I get an advisor to help me schedule classes?
You will be assigned to an Advising Center where you will be able to meet with an advisor whenever you want.
13. How do I change degrees?
Contact your advisor.
14. Can I double-major?
Yes. Your advisor can explain the process to you.
15. What is a major?
A major is the main area in which you will gain knowledge. In the School of Business, you will earn a B.S. in Business.
16. What is a minor?
A minor is a secondary knowledge area.
17. Can I minor in anything I want?
Most departments on campus offer minors and you may earn any of them.
18. What is a concentration?
In the School of Business, we offer concentrations in Accounting, Management, Finance/Economics and Marketing/International Business.
19. What’s the difference between an associate, bachelor, master and doctorate degree?
An associate degree is usually a two year degree. The School of Business at IU Kokomo does not offer an associate degree. A bachelor degree typically takes four years to complete. After earning a bachelor degree, you may continue for your masters or doctorate. IU Kokomo offers a Master’s in Business Administration (M.B.A.). We have designed our program so strong students can earn their B.S. and M.B.A. in 5 years.