Certificate in Correctional Management and Supervision
The Certificate is aimed at the non-degree student who is interested in obtaining collegiate experience in the field of American corrections. This certificate is not financial aid eligible. Currently enrolled Criminal Justice majors are not eligible for this certificate.
- Students must meet the regular Indiana University admission requirements.
- Students must complete 15 credit hours in correctional management and supervision with a grade of C- or higher in each course.
- Required courses may not be substituted for other courses
- The following courses are required of all students seeking a certificate in correctional management and supervision:
- CJHS-J101 American Criminal Justice System (3 cr)
- CJHS-J331 Corrections (3 cr)
- CJHS-J304 Correctional Law (3 cr)
- CJHS-J370 Seminar in Criminal Justice - Topic: Correctional Counseling (3 cr)
- CJHS-J370 Seminar in Criminal Justice - Topic: Correctional Administration (3 cr)
(Topic for J370 must be an approved topic in Public Safety.)
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses for insufficient enrollment.