- Criminal Justice
- Certificate in Public Safety
Certificate in Public Safety
The Certificate is aimed at the non-degree student who is interested in obtaining collegiate experience in the law enforcement field. This certificate is not financial aid eligible. Currently enrolled Criminal Justice majors are not eligible for this certificate.
- Students must meet the regular Indiana University admission requirements.
- Students must complete 15 credit hours in public safety with a grade of C- or higher in each course.
- Required courses may not be substituted for other courses.
- The following courses are required of all students seeking a certificate in public safety:
- CJHS-J101 American Criminal Justice System (3 cr)
- CJHS-J301 Substantive Criminal Law (3 cr)
- CJHS-J321 American Policing (3 cr)
- CJHS-J320 Criminal Investigation (3 cr)
- CJHS-J370 Seminar in Criminal Justice (3 cr)
- (Topic for J370 must be an approved topic in Public Safety.)
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses for insufficient enrollment.