BA in Fine Arts
The BA in Fine Arts offers a well-rounded liberal arts education with a focus in fine arts. The studio art courses provide students with experiences in a variety of media including, painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, metalsmithing, ceramics, graphic design, digital media, and animation. The Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts is 120 credit hours, 44 of which are fine arts courses. The courses can be broken down as follows:
- Humanities and Social Sciences BA Degree Requirements
- Fine Arts Core
- 9 hours of Art History (no more than 6 hours at the 100 level)
- 3 hours of Philosophy of Art
- 12 hours of fundamental studio courses (F100, F101, F102, S215)
- 21 hours of studio courses at the 200 level or above (no more than 6 hrs. at the 200 level)
- 2 hours of senior capstone experience
- Senior Capstone experience
The purpose of the senior capstone experience is to provide students with opportunities to demonstrate they have mastered a depth of knowledge in the major, they can integrate knowledge within their creative endeavors, and that they are able to communicate coherently. The capstone experience is comprised of the following:
- An individual exhibition of the student's representative work reflecting the program goals.
- A written statement about the student's exhibit, goals, techniques, process approach and influences, and course for future direction.