The minor consists of 15 credit hours (5 courses) in philosophy.
- No more than 6 credit hours may be at the 100 level.
- All courses listed below are 3 credit courses.
Students must take at least 1 course from each of the following 3 areas:
Choose at least 1 Value Theory Course from
- PHIL P140 Introduction to Ethics (offered every semester)
- PHIL P145 Intro to Social and Political Philosophy
- PHIL P242 Applied Ethics
- PHIL P311 Environmental Ethics
- PHIL P342 Problems in Ethics
- PHIL P345 Problems in Social & Political Philosophy
- PHIL P348 Philosophy & Literature
Choose at least 1 Reasoning Course from
- PHIL P105 Critical Thinking
- PHIL P150 Elementary Logic
- PHIL P375 Philosophy of Law
Choose at least 1 Foundations of Inquiry Course from
- PHIL P100 Introduction to Philosophy
- PHIL P335 Phenomenology and Existentialism
- PHIL P346 Philosophy & Art
- PHIL P360 Philosophy of Mind
- PHIL P371 Philosophy of Religion
With specific approval of the philosophy coordinator a student may count a section of
PHIL P383 Topics in Philosophy toward one of the three categories listed above. The category that the course counts toward will depend on the topic of the course.