Communication Arts Minor Degree Requirements
The Communication Arts minor consists of 15 credit hours; 9 of these credit hours must be at the 300 level or above.
Required (6 cr.)
- SPCH S205 Introduction to Speech Communication
- SPCH S336 Communication Theory
Electives (9 cr.)
In addition to the required courses, students may select any 9 credits from the following course options (at least 6 of these 9 credits must be at or above the 300 level).
- JOUR C200 Introduction to Mass Communication
- JOUR J200 Writing for Mass Media
- SPCH S122 Interpersonal Communication
- SPCH S201 Communicating in Public
- SPCH S223 Business and Professional Communication
- SPCH S229 Discussion and Group Methods
- SPCH S233 Introduction to Public Relations
- SPCH C321 Persuasion
- SPCH C325 Interviewing Principles and Practices
- SPCH C380 Organizational Communication
- SPCH C391 Seminar (any special topics class such as Family Communication, Public Relations Campaigns, etc.)
- SPCH C393 Communication Research Methods
- SPCH S333 Public Relations
- SPCH S440 Organizational Communication and Training
- SPCH S427 Cross-Cultural Communication
Depending on course offerings, students may have an opportunity to take a special topics communication course which is not part of the course listing above. If students would like to petition to have a communication course not listed above included as part of their minor, they should contact the communication arts faculty directly.