Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in any field from an accredited institution are eligible to apply for admission to the graduate programs of the Department of Public Administration and Health Management.
Minimum preferred requirement for admission includes a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a grade point average (GPA) of “B” (3.0) or higher.
Students with a GPA between 2.5 and 3.0 may be admitted to the Graduate Certificate Program in Public Management (GCPM) and on successful completion could apply to the MPM degree program.
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended must be submitted with the completed application forms and a nonrefundable application fee.
Applications for the MPM program are processed on a year round basis for admission in any academic semester.
Applicants should apply to a degree or certificate program and request financial assistance as early as possible before the desired semester of enrollment. All application forms must be completed and received by the PAHM office at Indiana University Kokomo.
Each application for admission is carefully evaluated by the admissions committee. Applicants to all PAHM degree programs must do the following:
- Submit application to the PAHM program office.
- Submit complete official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Pay a nonrefundable application fee of $40 to Indiana University Kokomo.
- Submit three Application Reference letters written by individuals familiar with the applicant’s activities and potential to succeed in graduate work.
- Read carefully the applicable sections in the bulletin for any specific program or campus admission requirement.
- Submit proof of bachelor’s degree certification from an accredited institution. Students who have not completed undergraduate course work at the time of application may be admitted based on the strength of previous work, but a final transcript attesting to the award of a bachelor’s degree must be submitted before the student can enroll.
Once admitted, all graduate students must have an average of B (3.0) or higher in each course. Failure to meet B grade in each course may lead to dismissal from the program.
Need Additional Information?
For additional information and questions regarding the application process, please contact us.