- Office of Affirmative Action
- Hiring Procedures
- Searches for full-time faculty will follow the procedures outlined in the Faculty Search and Screen Procedures and the Faculty Checklist unless the positions are for one year or less and/or are granted special exemption by the Chancellor.
- Each department is responsible for hiring their own adjunct faculty.
- Searches for adjunct faculty are normally not posted.
- Searches for full-time professional positions will follow the procedures outlined in the Recruitment Procedures for Appointed Professional Positions.
- Searches will be either a national search or a regional search. The type of search required for each position is listed on Attachment A below.
- A Search and Screen Committee must be appointed for all searches. Each committee will follow the Search and Screen Committee procedures for professional positions.
- Professional positions must be advertised in appropriate newspapers and posted on the Web sites for HigherEdJobs.com and IU Kokomo Office of Human Resources as outlined in the Recruitment Procedures for Appointed Professional Positions.
One Year or Less or Less Than Full Time
- Approval for the proper scope of a search for appointments of one year or less or less than full time must be received from the Director of Human Resources and the Affirmative Action Officer.
- All full-time professional appointments for one year or less or less than full time should be posted and advertised appropriately within the state of Indiana.
- No Search and Screen Committee is necessary. However, if a committee within the department is appointed to interview candidates, the committee must follow search and screen procedures.
- Permission to recruit for appointed bi-weekly positions must be received from the appropriate vice chancellor and the Director of Human Resources.
- Searches for appointed clerical, technical, and service/maintenance positions must be posted and advertised for at least five (5) working days.
- Searches for Hourly PERF positions (1,000 or more hours per year) must be posted through the Office of Human Resources for at least five (5) working days and advertised with appropriate newspapers and organizations.
- Searches for hourly positions (regular, student, work-study) are normally not posted. Departments are responsible for hiring their own hourly employees.
Revised May 2005