Title IV Authorization
Indiana University is authorized to administer Title IV federal financial aid funds. Title IV funds which may credit your bursar account include:
- Federal Direct Loans-Subsidized and Unsubsidized
- Federal Direct Parent and Graduate PLUS Loan
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Perkins Loan
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
Federal regulations require that the University apply your Title IV financial aid funds first to "allowable charges", which are tuition, mandatory fees, and housing contracted with the University. In order to apply any remaining Title IV funds to miscellaneous charges (for example, parking fees, deferment fees, or health center charges) the University is required to obtain your authorization. If your authorization is not received before your financial aid has disbursed to your bursar account the Title IV funds will not be applied to miscellaneous charges. This may result in an outstanding balance on your account, causing late fees to be assessed and services to be restricted until you pay the balance with personal funds.
Once you grant authorization, it continues to be valid for future years unless you notify the Office of the Bursar in writing that you wish to withdraw it.
To sign your Title IV authorization online:
- Sign into One Start (www.onestart.iu.edu)
- Go to the Student Center "Finances" section
- In the dropdown box. click "Student Authorizations"
- Click the "Grant Authorizations" button to continue
- Active authorizations will be displayed
- Read the authorization
- Select the appropriate campus (IU Kokomo)
- Click Next
- Click the "Yes, I have read the agreement" checkbox
- Click Submit
- A confirmation message will be sent to you
- Close browser or click "View Student Authorization" to return