- Career Center
- Planning Your Future Career
Planning Your Future Career
Our services are designed to assist prospective students, current students, and alumni from Indiana University Kokomo and Purdue University College of Technology. The Office of Career Services can help with making informed career decisions and developing professionally.
Schedule an appointment with the Office of Career Services to discuss your interests, strengths, and career options. Sit down with our computer-based assessments using educational and career-planning software, SIGI 3
- SIGI 3 is a special tool that can help you to plan your career. It combines thoroughly researched information about occupations, work-related values, interests, skills, educational programs, and more.
- SIGI 3 consists of an introduction followed by eight core sections, each covering an important step in the career planning and decision-making process. Since people have different goals, you may find some of the sections more useful than others. SIGI 3 has been specially put together to show you how to choose the path through the system that's best for you.
- What Can I Do With This Major? - explore possible occupations within your academic interests
- Career Test - Make an informed career choice by understanding your personality
- Career Key - A Web site sponsored by North Carolina State University. It is a public service developed by Lawrence K. Jones, Ph.D., to help people make sound career decisions.
- Keirsey Temperament and Personality Web site - Personality assessment developed by David Keirsey and published in his books, Please Understand Me and Please Understand Me II.
- Career & College Planning Resources - Plan your career goals and compensation that can be expected in the future for a particular job or position.
- WorkBloom - A premier online Career Resource Center.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- *O*Net Online - Contains information for over 950 occupations.
- America's Career InfoNet
- WetFeet - Provides information on companies, careers, and industries that job seekers use throughout their decisions.
- NACE Salary Survey
Financial Literacy- Money Smarts
Indiana University’s Office of Financial Literacy has been established to assist students in making informed financial decisions before, during, and after college.
- Professional Business Attire
- IU Kokomo Graduate Programs
- NACE Salary Calculator - is the hub for compensation data, with occupations in 560 regions in the United States.
- CollegeGrad.com - offers a wide variety of articles and informaiton for the new college grad.
- Inside Jobs - discover careers you don't know about yet.
- FastWeb - career planning, résumés and interview etiquette
- SimplyHired.com - comprehensive search engine for jobs
- Indeed.com - comprehensive search engine for jobs
- Wall Street Journal Careers
- Career Marketplace, Inc.
- Medical Recruitment
- College Job Bank
- Indiana Job Network
- America's Job Bank - National site but connects back to the state. Carries confidentiality feature.
- Indiana Career Connect
Our office surveys each graduating class in determining their employment status approximately 3 - 6 months after leaving IU Kokomo. The IU Kokomo and Purdue College of Technology Graduate Employment Survey is a resource that can contribute to the decisions our current and prospective students use when determining their professional path.
If you would like to learn more about salary expectations, for your particular occupation, Indiana Workforce Development's Web site provides information.