Student Scenario 3: Sample Student "Mary"
Academics and Family:
Mary is from Logansport, IN and is graduating with her Core 40 diploma. Her ACT composite is 25, and she is ranked in the top 20% of her class. Mary's academic record qualifies her for the $1,000 STAR scholarhsip, and she is chosen as a recipient of the McHale Scholarship based on her academic record and for being from Cass County. She will be a full-time student taking 15 credit hours a semester at IU Kokomo. Mary is also a 21st Century Scholar living with her parents who have an adusted gross income of $76,786 and have $12,000 in investments.
Expected Family Contribution: $16,781
Financial Aid Package for the 2014-2015 school year:
- $1,000 Star Scholarship
- $1,000 McHale Scholarship
- $4,038 SSACI 21st Century Scholarship
- $5,500 Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan
- $11,538 Total Assistance
- -$8,310 2014-2015 Estimated IU Kokomo tuition, fees and books
- $ 3,228 Credit balance educational expenses (ie: transportation and living expenses)