Financial Aid Scenario
Student Scenario 5: Sample Student "Ellen"
Academics and Family:
Ellen is a single parent living in Kokomo, IN. She is a recent Accounting A.S. graduate from Ivy Tech with a 3.7 GPA. She is going to be attending 6 credit hours at IU Kokomo in the Bachelor of Science in accounting program. She earned $6,307 and received $4,400 in child support last year.
Expected Family Contribution: $0
Financial Aid Package for the 2010-2011 school year:
- $2,865 Federal Pell Grant
- $ 300 Federal SEOG Grant
- $5,500 Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan
- $7,000 Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan
- $15,665 Total Assistance
- -$3,382 2014-2015 Estimated IU Kokomo tuition, fees and books
- $12,283 Credit balance educational expenses (ie: transportation and living expenses)