Student Scenario 5: Sample Student "Ellen"
Academics and Family:
Ellen is a single parent living in Kokomo, IN. She is a recent Accounting A.S. graduate from Ivy Tech with a 3.7 GPA. She is going to be attending 6 credit hours at IU Kokomo in the Bachelor of Science in accounting program. Her previous academic work at Ivy Tech qualifies her for the Ivy Tech Transfer Scholarship. She earned $6,307 and received $4,400 in child support last year.
Expected Family Contribution: $0
Financial Aid Package for the 2010-2011 school year:
- $500 Ivy Tech Part-time Transfer Scholarship
- $2,336 Federal Pell Grant
- $300 Federal SEOG Grant
- $5,500 Federal Stafford Subsidized Loan
- $8,636 Total Assistance
- -$2,973 2010-2011 Estimated IU Kokomo tuition, fees and books
- $5,663Credit balance educational expenses (ie: transportation and living expenses)