Veterans Education Benefit Programs


Veterans must apply for benefits online with the Department of Veterans Affair via theVeterans ON-Line APPlication (VONAPP) Website( After completing this step, contact John Delaney, Veterans Representative by e-mailor by calling (765) 455-9216. The new Chapter 33 information is available on line athttp://www.gibill®

Veteran's can also apply for other types of financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at For additional information, please visit How to Apply.

For GI Bill® information, please visit the United States Department of Veterans Affairs GI Bill Web site. This site includes a helpful question and answer section.

To self-certify your Chapter 30, 1606 or 1607 monthly verification of attendance with the V.A., you can go to the V.A. Web site to access WAVE (Web Automated Verification of Enrollment). If you do not have Internet access, you can call (877) 823-2378 to verify your monthly attendance.

Yellow Ribbon program:

IU Kokomo is participating in Yellow Ribbon program for one out of state veteran. For a maximum of $1,500 per academic year, with the Department of Veterans Affairs matching the dollar amount up to our maximum of $1,500.

For information regarding the Yellow Ribbon Program clickYellow Ribbon Info

To apply for IU Kokomo's one Yellow Ribbon assistance click on Application

For information on how to obtain transcripts from military service, click on the appropriate link below:

For general information about veterans benefits, see the following links:

If you are called to active duty while enrolled at IU Kokomo, please visit the official IU Reserves Called to Active Duty policy in regard to course withdrawal and refund of tuition and fees.

For information about financial aid to attend Indiana University Kokomo, contact email the veteran representative, or by calling (765) 455-9216.

IU Kokomo Post 9/11 GI Bill® Yellow Ribbon Program

Indiana University Kokomo will provide up to $1,500 per academic year ($750 per regular term) with funds matched by the US Department of Veterans Affairs for first qualified applicant.


  • Eligible for Ch 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill® education benefits at the 100% level
  • Maintain good academic standing at IU Kokomo
  • Be admitted as a degree-seeking student with tuition and fee charges above the VA's maximum in-state undergraduate rate as posted atwww.gibill®

If you believe you are eligible, you should apply immediately. Awards to the qualified applicant is on a first-come basis established by the date and time your application is received by the Veterans Representative in the Financial Aid office.