Hiring Procedures Summary
- Searches for full-time faculty will follow the procedures outlined in the Faculty Search & Screen Procedures and the Faculty Checklist unless the positions are for one year or less and/or are granted special exemption by the Chancellor.
- Each department is responsible for hiring their own adjunct faculty.
- Searches for adjunct faculty are normally not posted.
Full-time Professional positions:
- Searches for full-time professional positions will follow the procedures outlined in the Recruitment Procedures for Appointed Professional Positions.
- Searches will be either a national search or a regional search. The type of search required for each position is listed on Attachment A.
- A Search Committee must be appointed for all searches. Each Committee will follow the Search and Screen Committee procedures for professional positions.
- Professional positions must be advertised in appropriate newspapers and posted on the Web sites for HigherEdJobs.com and IU Kokomo HR as outlined in the Recruitment Procedures for Appointed Professional Positions.
Professional positions for one year or less or less than full-time:
- Approval for the proper scope of a search for appointments of one year or less or less than full-time must be received from the Director of Human Resources and the Affirmative Action Officer.
- All full-time professional appointments for one year or less or less than full-time should be posted and advertised appropriately within the state of Indiana.
- No search and screen committee is necessary. However, if a committee within the department is appointed to interview candidates, the committee must follow search and screen procedures.
- Permission to recruit for appointed bi-weekly positions must be received from the appropriate vice chancellor and chancellor by completing a Position Request Authorization form.
- Searches for appointed clerical, technical and service/maintenance positions must be posted and advertised for at least five (5) working days.
- Searches for Temporary with Retirement positions (1000 or more hours per year) must be posted through Human Resources for at least five (5) working days and advertised with appropriate newspapers and organizations.
- Searches for temporary positions (regular, student, work-study) are normally not posted. Departments are responsible for hiring their own temporary employees.