- University Police
- Emergency Preparedness
Preparing Our Campus
Campus Emergency Preparedness Committe:
- Gerry Stroman- Office of the Chancellor
- John Sarber - Director of Facilities
- Todd Gambill - Vice Chancellor of Student Affair and Enrollment Management
- Kathy Parkinson - Interm Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- Jerry Williams - Chief of Police
- Marie Radel - Director of Media and Marketing
- Craig Swoverland - Executive Director of UITS-KO
- Tracy Springer - Manager, Career and Accesibility Center
- Sarah Sarber - Dean of Students
- Cathy Valcke - Director or External Realtions and Public Affairs
- Jeff Griffin - Purdue
- Mike Karikoff - Ivy Tech
- Brian Hunt -IUPD-KO Sergeant
Emergency preparedness is an ongoing concern at Indiana University Kokomo. The purpose of this Web page is to guide members of the IU Kokomo community in case of emergency. Please become familiar with this resource as it could be useful to you if the need arises.
Safety of our community is of primary importance. Although we have no information indicating any threats, emergency plans are in place. The staff is also in regular contact with local authorities regarding emergency preparedness and other issues related to public safety.
Should an emergency occur, IU Kokomo staff, local law enforcement and other officials are prepared to put our emergency plans into action. A central emergency operations center would coordinate the management of any incident that occurs on or near the campus. This Web site and other public media outlets would be utilized to keep you informed about the nature of any emergency situation.
IU-Notify will be used to inform the campus of an emergency situation. Please note that you must sign-up and keep your information current to receive alerts via IU-Notify. To do this:
- Log into OneStart at http://onestart.iu.edu/.
- Click the Notifications tab on the top.
- Click IU-Notify on the left. You will see your contact information. Click the appropriate link to change your information.