Returning Adult Students
If you're thinking about going back to school to earn a college degree, you'll find that IU Kokomo offers many advantages for adult students. We know that adult students often are managing family and work responsibilities as well as studies, so we provide services to help you succeed in college. You'll also find that our outstanding faculty appreciate the maturity and life experience that adult students bring to the classroom.
- You must have graduated from an Indiana high school or comparable out-of-state institution or have taken the GED. Those with a GED score of 62 or higher may apply for unconditional admission.
- Academic Honor or Core 40 diploma or at least 30 college preparatory high school courses.
- You should rank in the upper half of your high school class.
- Students who have been out of high school for three or more years are not required to submit SAT or ACT scores. (see admissions for high school students if you are less than three years out of High School.)
- If you are a previous IU Kokomo student, update your information by filling out the personal information update form and schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Success and Advising at 765/455-9405.
If you do not meet the above criteria, you may be eligible for conditional admission. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more details.
Step-by-Step Guide for Adult Students
Are you ready to attend IU Kokomo? Start here:
Step 1: Apply early. Complete and submit the university application for undergraduate admission. Include the $35 application fee or your request for a fee waiver. Be sure your application is complete! If you are a previous IU Kokomo student, update your information by filling out the personal information update form
Step 2: Have your official high school transcript sent directly from your high school to the IU Kokomo Office of Admissions. If you're a GED recipient, send an official score report directly to our office. If you have taken any college courses at another institution, have them send us an official transcript. For required course work, see our admissions requirements. After receiving all your materials, we'll notify you within a week if you've been accepted or if further testing is needed.
Step 3: Learn about IU Kokomo's Campus Life.
Step 4: Don't forget to apply for financial aid. All IU Kokomo scholarships will be awarded after March 1st and the State of Indiana priority receive date for the FAFSA is March 10th.
Step 5: Set up your IU network account.
(So you can access our state-of-the-art technology!)
Step 7: Attend the New Student Orientation.