Skip to main content
Skip to main navigation
Skip to search

Frequently asked Questions
How will I be notified about my bill?
Students will receive an e-mail notification at their university-assigned e-mail account when their online bill is ready. Registered students will not receive paper bills by mail.
I have to prove to my employer that I paid my fees. How can I get a receipt?
Go to One®, sign in, in the search bar type Bursar Bill, click on View Account/Pay Bursar Bill. Print payment receipt.
I have an encumbrance on my account. What does that mean?
It means you have overdue fees which will stop future registrations, deny requests for transcripts and other university services.
How do I check into this?
Contact the Office of the Bursar, in person, to discuss your financial situation. This cannot be discussed over the phone.
Why didn't my Financial Aid pay for my parking permit?
Federal Aid (i.e. Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins Loan, Stafford and Parent PLUS loans) can only be used for educational expenses per Federal Regulations. If you would like these funds used to pay for non-educational expenses in future semesters (i.e. parking permit), you should complete the Title IV e-mail authorization sent to you in your IU e-mail account. You may also stop at the Office of the Bursar to sign a waiver or grant the authorization online through One®. Once authorized, the waiver is active as long as you are enrolled at IU Kokomo. You can cancel at any time.
How do I get a 1098T to report educational expenses for tax purposes?

To access your 1098T form, go to One®, in the search bar type 1098T form, select the 1098T Tax Form and click Start.

For further questions you may contact the University Tax Office (Bloomington) 812-855-0375 OR via e-mail at

When I see "Anticipated Aid" on my bill, what does that mean?

This means that your financial aid is being used to reduce the total due on your bill. Federal law prevents universities from awarding live federal aid to accounts any earlier than 10 days prior to the start of the student's classes. When that time arrives and your financial aid processing is complete, the aid will apply to your account. You will see the detail of that aid by going to One®, type Bursar Bill in the search bar, and select View/Pay Bursar Bill.

The Office of the Bursar can then start the process of reviewing accounts for refunds.

Is there a way to receive my Financial Aid refund or any other refund I may be expecting quicker?
Students may sign up for Direct Deposit by typing in Direct Deposit in the search bar of One® and selecting the Direct Deposit icon and then following the instructions to input their banking information. Any expected refund will automatically be deposited to the checking or savings account designated. This will continue each term until the student cancels their Direct Deposit. Students will receive refunds in 3-5 business days compared to 7-10 days for paper check refunds.
How do I find out about my refund or any balance I might owe?
To check the status of your refund or a balance due, go to View Account/Pay Bursar Bill in One®. You may also contact the Office of the Bursar in person if you present proper identification. Financial information cannot be given out over the phone.
What do I do if my refund check has been lost or stolen?
You may go here to request a stop payment on your refund check. This request cannot be processed prior to 21 days after the date of refund on your student account. There is a $25 replacement check charge unless you sign up for direct deposit prior to making the request.
Why can't I find out my account information over the phone?
Due to student rights under FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act), student financial records are confidential. Such information can only be discussed with students when they contact our office, in person, with proper identification.
I am the parent. I pay the bills. Why won't you give me financial information on my son/daughter?
Again, due to FERPA policies, such information cannot be given to parents unless authorized by the student. Students can give parents 3rd Party Access so both the student and the parent receive an e-bill. When a student gives a parent 3rd Party Access, the parent will be given their own access to the student's account to see certain things such as bills.
I don't see Financial Aid or Anticipated Aid listed on my Bursar Account (i.e. scholarships, student loans, Parent PLUS loans, grants, etc.). Why not?
If you do not see these expected items, contact the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
I thought I selected parking when I registered but it does not show on my Bursar Account. What happened?
To successfully select the optional parking permit, TWO steps must be completed on the selection page when your initial registration takes place. Missing one step will not complete the selection process. You may still receive a permit by contacting parking services. The charge is the same either way.
My parents need proof I am a registered student for insurance purposes. Who do I contact?
The Office of the Registrar will provide this proof.
How do I receive a transcript?
At the Office of the Registrar's web site you can print off a transcript request form. Complete this form to include your signature and university identification number. You may then submit that form along with your payment ($15.00 for each paper transcript request or $10 for each e-mail transcript request), either by mail or in person, to the Office of the Registrar. If you are submitting your transcript request form in person, you may pay for it in the bursar's office with cash or check only.
Why am I receiving a bill if I didn't attend a class?
You will receive a bill for all classes if you do not drop your classes. Nonattendance does not drop you from any class. Please refer to the Registration Agreement. This was agreed upon before registration could be done. In the event you drop a class after the semester has started please contact Financial Aid if you receive any type of aid and also please refer to the Refunds section of our main bursar page.
Last updated: 08/09/2016