The mission of the Indiana University Police Department is to create a safe living environment, which is conducive to the educational, professional and personal growth of the Indiana University Community. In order to accomplish our mission, we will:
- Provide for the protection of persons and property including, university-owned and personal property of our constituents by making random patrols of the interior and exteriors of the Indiana University campus.
- Develop public awareness and support through crime prevention programs with the intent to develop self-empowerment for the Indiana University community.
- Be responsive to the service needs of the Indiana University community in a polite, professional and timely manner.
- Develop a relationship with the Indiana University community that will foster a mutually satisfying partnership, working to solve campus problems.
Contact The University Police Department or call 911 in the event of any emergency.
Check out this video to learn how to use an AED device in case of an emergency.
"Get out and Stay Alive"- FEMA takes a look at fire safety
Off Campus Resources
Emergency Medical Service (9-911)
Family Services Center of Howard County (765) 868-3154
IU Kokomo Police
Emergency (765) 455-9363
Administrative (765) 455-9432
Hours of Operation
Security Hours for anyone needing an escort to a car:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m–10:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Sunday, 12 p.m.–9 p.m.
Accidents or emergencies that occur when the office is closed should be reported to the Physical Plant office at (765) 455-9273.
- Personal Safety
- Rape Aggression Defense
- Victim Assistance
- Crime Prevention
- Crisis Procedures
- Clery Act Information
- Parking Office