Science, Mathematics, and Informatics
Dr. Gongjun Yan received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Old Dominion University. He is currently an Assistant Professor in Indiana University. His main research areas include algorithms, security, privacy, routing, and healthcare in Internet, Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks, Sensor Networks and Wireless Communication. In years, Dr. Yan applies mathematical analysis to model behavior of complex systems and integrates existing techniques to provide comprehensive solutions.
Algorithms, security, privacy, routing, and healthcare in Internet, Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks, Sensor Networks and Wireless Communication
- I201, Math foundation of Informatics
- I211, Information infrastructure II (Java and Android)
- N391, Database system management and design
- I210, Information infrastructure I (Visual Basic)
- I213, Web site design and development
- C106, Introduction of Computers
- I308, Information representation
- I101, Introduction to informatics
- Samiur Arif, Stephan Olariu, Jin Wang, Gongjun Yan, Weiming Yang and Ismail Khalil, "Datacenter at the airport: Reasoning About Time-Dependent Parking Lot Occupancy," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 99, PrePrints, 2012.
- Gongjun Yan, Ding Wen, Stephan Olariu and Michele C. Weigle, "Security Challenges in Vehicular Cloud Computing," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, PrePrints, 2012.
- Gongjun Yan, Stephan Olariu and Dimitrie Popescu, "NOTICE: An Architecture for the Notification of Traffic Incidents," IEEE INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS MAGAZINE, 2012, To appear.
- Danda B. Rawat, Dimitrie Popescu, Yan Gongjun and Stephan Olariu, "Enhancing VANET Performance by Joint Adaptation of Transmission Power and Contention Window Size," IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol. 22, No. 9, 2011, pp. 1528 - 1535.
- Gongjun Yan and Stephan Olariu, "A Probabilistic Analysis of Link Duration in Vehicular Ad Hoc Networks," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Vol. 12, No. 4, 2011, pp. 1227 – 1236.
- Ding Wen, Gongjun Yan, Nanning Zheng, Lincheng Shen and Li Li, "Towards Cognitive Vehicles," IEEE Intelligent Systems Magazine, Vol. 26, No. 3, 2011, pp. 76-80.
- Gongjun Yan, Weiming Yang, Danda B. Rawat and Stephan Olariu, "SmartParking: A Secure and Intelligent Parking System," IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2011, pp. 18-30.
- Gongjun Yan, Stephan Olariu and Michele C. Weigle, "Providing Location Security in Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks," IEEE Wireless Communications, Special Issue on On-the-Road Communications, Vol. 16, No. 6, December 2009, pp. 48-55.
- Gongjun Yan, Stephan Olariu and Michele C. Weigle, "Providing VANET Security Through Active Position Detection," Computer Communications: Special Issue on Mobility Protocols for ITS/VANET, Vol. 31, No. 12, 2008, pp. 2883-2897.