The Certificate is aimed at the non-degree student who is interested in obtaining collegiate experience in the field of American corrections. This certificate is not financial aid eligible. Currently enrolled Criminal Justice majors are not eligible for this certificate.
- Students must meet the regular Indiana University admission requirements.
- Students must complete 15 credit hours in correctional management and supervision with a grade of C- or higher in each course.
- Required courses may not be substituted for other courses.
- The following courses are required of all students seeking a certificate in correctional management and supervision:
- CJHS-J 101 American Criminal Justice System (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 331 Corrections (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 304 Correctional Law (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 370 Seminar in Criminal Justice-Topic--Correctional Counseling (3 cr.)
- CJHS-J 370 Seminar in Criminal Justice-Topic--Correctional Administration (3 cr.)
Note: The University reserves the right to cancel courses for insufficient enrollment.