Each student is responsible for planning his/her own program and for meeting the following degree requirements by the time he/she expects to graduate:
- Apply to graduate by completing and submitting a degree candidate form. Deadlines and the degree candidate form can be found at http://www.iuk.edu/admin-services/registrar/graduation.shtml. If degree requirements are not met, a change in the graduation date must be made. It is the responsibility of the student to report this change to his/her advisor.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credit hours toward a baccalaureate degree and 60 credit hours toward an associate degree, excluding any duplicate course credits. Some curricula require more.
- Earn 30 of the final 60 credit hours toward a baccalaureate degree and 15 of the final 30 credit hours toward an associate degree from Indiana University Kokomo.
- To complete a baccalaureate degree, earn a minimum of 30 credit hours at the 300- and 400- level of which 15 must be earned from Indiana University Kokomo.
- Earn a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 2.0. Certain curricula require a higher minimum grade point average.
Additional degree requirements may be specified by the school of the students’ chosen curricula. Students should consult the relevant section of this bulletin for complete information about degree requirements for their programs.
The dean of each college is responsible for certifying the completion of degree requirements for each candidate for graduation.
Upon certification of the candidates for graduation, those candidates who are free of all University obligations and who are designated as having completed degree requirements are issued the corresponding diploma from the Office of the Registrar. The academic record is closed once graduation is certified; no record changes will be permitted once the degree is awarded. No further registrations beyond the semester of completion are permitted. If the graduate desires to pursue a second degree, he/she must be readmitted.