Notes: Students must meet the following requirements to enter this program:
- Complete the Ivy Tech Community College TSAP for Elementary Education with grades of C or better
- Minimum Cumulative GPA varies by year of admission. Fall 2017 - 2.65; Fall 2018 - 2.85; Fall 2019 - 2.85; Fall 2020 - 3.00
- Successfully pass all three parts of the CASA, composite score of 24 on the ACT, or an ^^1100 SAT (Critical Reading and Math only)
- Be admitted to IU Kokomo as a degree seeking undergraduate student
- Apply to the Teacher Education Program at IU Kokomo no later than the 3rd Friday in April for Fall admission or 3rd Friday in Novemeber for Spring admission
Additional Notes: IU Kokomo Education courses must be successfully passed with a C+ or better, all other course grades must be a C or better. Students must complete a minor as part of the Bachelor’s degree. The ^HIST 101/102 and HIST 111/112 taken as part of the TSAP will complete 6 of 15 credits required for a history minor. Any other minor WILL require more than 120 credit hours to complete the degree. Some courses could be taken in summer to allow for a different minor. See critical information provided by the IUK School of Education regarding additional requirements to enter student teaching. Progress towards the degree will be monitored by the faculty to insure each candidate has the necessary knowledge, skills, and dispositions required of a highly effective educator. ^^ Must use a conversation chart if SAT tests were taken March 1, 2016 or after.