Here are a couple things you can do while you're waiting.
First, find your ID number - you'll need your last name, birth date, and last four digits of your Social Security Number (SSN).
You'll use the ID number to create your ID computing account, which you need to check the status of your application.
Important note to students who applied using the IU eApplication: you created a guest account when you applied online using the IU eApplication. The guest account was created solely for the purpose of submitting your application online. To check your status, you will need to create an IU computing account, using the directions below.
SETTING UP YOUR IU COMPUTING ACCOUNT
- Search for and select "Create My First IU Account" in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to two hours before you can log in to some services.
If you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program (including ACP as a high school student) at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number or IU username, you will use the same ID number or username and follow these steps to set up your IU computing account.
If you have forgotten your IU username, contact the UITS Support Center. If you have forgotten your University ID number, and cannot find it using the Self-Service University ID Lookup, please contact the IU Kokomo Office of Admissions.
Now that you've created your IU computing account, you'll be able to check the status of your application and To Do List in One.IU.
You'll find the To Do List helpful. This list will tell you when our office has received each of your application materials. Please be aware that after your items are received, it may take up to four weeks before you can see this online. Please be patient and check back frequently.
If you receive an email from us asking you to complete your application but you just sent the missing materials, assume that the email was sent before you received your materials or that they have not been processed yet.
TO CHECK THE STATUS OF YOUR APPLICATION
- Go to Application Status in One.IU and select "Start."
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see the status of your application to Indiana University.
YOUR TO DO LIST
- Go to To Do List in One.iu and select "Start."
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see your To Do List.
If you have any outstanding items listed, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. Please contact us if you have questions.