This page is meant to serve as a resource related to our updated policy and procedures. It is meant to facilitate in your efforts to support your high school seniors through the next several months.
We are acutely aware and sympathetic to the residual effect that federal, state and county guidelines regarding social distancing are having on your high school students, their families, and the support network shepherding them through their college decision making process. We recognize that many of you are living with understandable emotions, and are looking for ways to support your students as we all navigate through this. Below are a few of the adjustments we have made to provide flexibility to your students during these challenging times:
- The application window for fall remains open. We also have created a KOVIP Application Fee Waiver for use on the APPLYIU system only.
- We have waived the standardized test requirement for applicants as a result of the April and May SAT/ACT tests being canceled. We will review those applicants holistically for admission on a case-by-case basis. These are students who have not completed or taken a standardized test to date.
- We have made the decision concerning orientation for admitted students for fall 2020. All orientation appointments this summer will take place completely online. More details will be shared with your students in the coming weeks, so please have your student check their IU e-mail.
- We have posted a “360 Virtual Tour” video on our website for students hoping to experience IU Kokomo. We expect to offer other virtual options as well.
- We have launched sign-ups for virtual face-to-face advising for your students and parents who want to speak to an admissions counselor about college next steps.
We hope you find these resources helpful as you seek to support your college-bound students. Although our team will not be physically in the office during this time, we are ALL fully present and here for you remotely from our homes, Monday thru Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please reach out to me, Angie Siders, director of admissions, at email@example.com.
This will continue to be a fluid situation, and we will all get through this together. Know that the IU Kokomo Office of Admissions is prepared to do its part to help ensure that the college decision journey remains a profoundly memorable and positive part of your students’ senior year.
Director of Admissions