High School Curriculum: Recent high school graduates are expected to earn an Indiana Academic Honors or CORE 40 diploma; Students graduating prior to 2011, from out-of-state high schools or from home schooling must have comparable credits to those outlined below.
- 4 years of English/Language Arts
- 3 years of Mathematics (Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II)
- 3 years of Lab Science (Biology, Chemistry, or Physics)
- 3 years of Social Studies (History, Government, Econ, Psychology, or Sociology)
- 4 years of additional college prep courses which include additional Math, Lab Science, Social Science, Computer Science, Foreign Language, or other college-prep courses
- Class Rank: Students should rank in the upper-half of their class.
IU Kokomo takes a holistic approach to reviewing student applications. We look at each student application individually a considering diploma type, test scores, GPA, and class rank to make an admission decision.
Alternative Scores: Students may submit GED or TASC / ECA test scores in place of high school requirements. (GED = 570 or 57, depending on year was taken and scoring scale used)
If you do not meet the above criteria, you may be eligible for conditional admission. Please contact the Office of Admission at 765-455-9217 for more information.
Apply early in your senior year to be eligible for early decision and maximum academic scholarships.
Perhaps the easiest way to apply is to complete our online application. Instructions are provided to guide you through the application process.
Application Fee: A $35 non-refundable application fee will apply prior to submitting your application online. The application fee is waived for Twenty-First Century Scholars and for economic hardship with verification from your high school guidance office.
APPLY BY MAIL
Paper applications can be obtained in the following three ways:
- Request an application be mailed to your home by completing the online materials request form.
- Call our Office of Admissions at 765-455-9217 or toll-free 877-875-4IUK to request an application.
Application Fee: A $35 non-refundable application fee will need to be included with your application. The application fee is waived for Twenty-First Century Scholars and for economic hardship with verification from your high school guidance office.
Now that you have completed the IU Kokomo application whether online or by mail, next steps are to gather together your required documents and materials. This step is very important because only when we have all of the proper documentation can we provide you with an admission decision. Be sure to submit your documents through the proper channels to avoid any delays in the process.
Here is a checklist of the documents and items that you will need to submit. We recommend printing a copy for your records.
- An official high school transcript (this must be mailed in a sealed envelope from the high school or submitted electronically via your high school guidance office)
- SAT or ACT scores (If you have been out of school three years or more, SAT/ACT scores are not required.) These scores will need to either be listed on your high school transcript or submitted directly from the testing entity, ie. College Board.
- If you are a Twenty-First Century Scholar or requested your application fee to be waived, please submit the waiver with the rest of your materials.
- If you earned college credit while in high school, submit an official transcript from each college or university (not necessary if you earned IU college credit).
Indiana University Kokomo
Office of Admissions
Kelley Student Center, RM 230
2300 S. Washington Street
Kokomo, IN 46904
Students who have been out of high school less than three years are required to submit SAT or ACT scores. The residual ACT offered on campus is valid only at IU Kokomo and will not be accepted by other universities, including other IU Campuses.
- July 26, 2018
- August 9, 2018
- To register for the test email admissions at email@example.com
- All residual ACT test takers must have applied to IU Kokomo by test date and must have paid the ACT test fee.
- Make check or money order payable to Indiana University for $43.
- If mailing, include a note stating that the fee is for the ACT Test and forward it to IU Kokomo, Office of Admissions, 2300 S. Washington St., P.O. Box 9003, Kokomo, IN 46904-9003.
- Call toll-free 1-888-875-4485 or 765-455-9217.
- Test takers will be notified via mail were to report to, directions, test info, rules, etc.
- Once testing begins no one will be allowed to enter.
- The student must bring a picture ID.
- Allow approximately four hours for testing.
- The student may use a calculator for the mathematics portion of the test.