Campus accreditation and new diversity plan: National recognition of excellence
Campus accreditation reaffirmed
We received official word that our campus HLC accreditation has been reaffirmed, with our next visit in 2028-2029! We received a glowing evaluation from the team with no follow up required. Credit goes to everyone for their excellent work as we prepared our assurance argument. They were very impressed with everyone they met while they were on campus. They walked away with many great ideas that they wanted to take home to their campuses.
Nursing accreditation reaffirmed
In addition, we received word that our Nursing Graduate Program accreditation has been reaffirmed. Congratulations all the Nursing faculty, Mary Bourke, and Dean Hendricks on a successful visit!
New Diversity Plan
Last year, we completed the Campus Climate Survey and shared results with the various departments on campus. Work is on-going with the academic units to ensure diversity and equity are infused at all levels of the curriculum in all majors and divisions. We continue our efforts to recruit and retain more diverse employees and students and have shown a dramatic increase in the number of Hispanic/Latino students attending IU Kokomo. We are currently looking at ways to more fully connect with the African-American community.
- Priority 1: Establish Initiatives through Institutional Leadership and Commitment
- Priority 2: Infuse Diversity and Equity into the Curriculum
- Priority 3: Assess and Address Campus Climate
- Priority 4: Serve Diverse Communities
- Priority 5: Increase Recruitment and Retention of Diverse Employees
- Priority 6: Increase Recruitment and Retention of Diverse Students