IU partners with Nelnet Campus Commerce to let you pay your balance over time with a payment plan. This option allows you to pay off your account in up to four payments over the term, depending on when you enroll in the payment plan.
It's okay to pay more than your payment plan amount - but not less
If you can't pay all at once, you can use payment plans to budget your payments into smaller installments throughout the term. Here's what you need to know:
- Account balance must be greater than $500 to be eligible
- When you enroll you will pay the down payment fee plus an enrollment fee
- Accepted payment methods are bank accounts (without a convenience fee) or credit/debit cards (with a convenience fee)
- Scheduled payment will be automatically deducted using your payment method on the 5th of each month of the payment plan
- Accounts will be subject to late fees if not enrolled in a payment plan with a balance prior to the regular due date of the 10th of each month
- You will keep your student account in good standing while in an active payment plan-this means no holds and no late fee
Credit or Debit Card
You can pay your bill online with a credit or debit card, but be aware that you will be charged a nonrefundable service fee each time. To avoid paying a service charge, pay online by electronic check instead, or mail or bring a check to our office.
The service fee for online credit or debit card payment is collected by the online payment service, not by IU, so it will not be posted to your student account. IU does not receive any part of the service fee and cannot waive it. You are responsible for paying the entire service fee.
You can avoid a service fee by paying online with an electronic check.
Still want to pay with your credit or debit card? Here is what you need to know:
- You can pay with your credit or debit card online only. We do not accept credit or debit cards at our office.
- If you pay by MasterCard, Discover, or American Express, one transaction will appear on your credit card statement for the total paid (student account payment plus service fee).
- If you pay by VISA, two transactions will appear on your credit card statement (one for your student account payment and one for the service fee).
- For tax purposes, keep your payment receipts. Do not rely on your credit card statements since they include the service charge.
- We will refund an overpayment made by credit card to the credit card account. We will not refund any portion of the service fee.