It’s Friday! It has been a busy week as we adapt to all the changes related to COVID-19. I am sure that you saw the President’s message that Commencement has been postponed. I will send more details as they are shared. I have been impressed with everyone’s creativity as we try to connect with one another. I have noted a couple of great ideas below. In addition, there are a couple announcements about resources. Keep sending me your stories and ideas!
Hallway Chats will be up and running beginning Monday and continue through the end of the semester.
Listen… do you hear anything?
It is so quiet here on campus without you.
Christina and I would love some company to just chat and talk about nothing or something, whatever is on your mind.
We would love to meet your cat or dog or maybe a plant.
Connect with us on Hallway Chats.
Visit as many times as you want, stay as long as you want.
Scheduled for Monday and Wednesday 4 p.m. to 4:30pm and Tuesday and Thursdays 9:15 a.m.-9:45 a.m.
In Zoom room, 7654559302.
Log into Zoom.iu.edu, choose Join a Meeting and enter ID# 7654559302
School of Education
Dean Nellis is planning to offer “Virtual SOE Office Chat” times via Zoom for faculty, staff, and advisors to connect while folks are away from campus. She shared that she has already heard from several in the SOE that they simply missing seeing and talking with each other. “When I shared that with some of my counterparts from other IU regionals during an informal zoom yesterday evening, they were amazed that my faculty/staff liked each other and wanted to connect. I assured them that was the IU Kokomo way!”
IU Kokomo Library
The IU Kokomo Library faculty have compiled resources and tips for “Finding and Sharing Library Resources Online” in the following guide: https://iuk.libguides.com/online.
- Please know that whenever the library is open we will be available to assist instructors with incorporating library resources into their online teaching and to help students with their research.
- Please do not hesitate to contact your library liaison with questions.
- Email, phone and chat are preferred methods of communication.
- We encourage students to contact us using the chat button available on the library website.
- If electronic materials such as ebooks or streaming videos are needed for your courses, we can quickly gain access to them. Please fill out this form (also available on the guide listed above).
- Please remind your students to start their research from the library homepage when they are off campus.
Media and Marketing
We wanted to be sure that our community had great videos to watch while they are at home. Mike Glassburn has uploaded 20 videos to Kokomo K-Gov channel. Watch for IU Kokomo videos and Cougar sports to be aired beginning Wednesday, March 25. Be sure to tune in!