Indiana University Kokomo is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff. The Office of Campus Diversity supports this effort through AAA Diversity Trainings, working with the Chief Diversity Officer to explore and participate in venues that may help us connect with diverse candidates, and through job postings that appeal to a diverse pool of candidates. Our practices are informed by the campus Diversity Plan and in conversation with the Diversity Committee.
Training Statement of Purpose: To infuse a climate of communal acceptance, this training intends to develop Agency, Action, and Advocacy in faculty and staff. Faculty and staff will hone skills to be agents of diverse initiatives, actively seek opportunities to engage in inclusive activities and discussions, and advocate for all civil individual and cultural perspectives.
- Respect for individuality through having a welcoming and inclusive approach with openness to the ideas and opinions of others in order to promote a civil campus community.
- Develop one’s ability to create an inclusive and responsive environment through thinking critically and empowering others with campus resources and referrals.
- Build skills necessary to participate in transformative work for the betterment of our campus instruction and activities.
- Encourage working across differences to find common ground and advocates for broad interactions that nurture the ability to take action with empathy.
- Be an external entity qualified to facilitate and train faculty/staff effective diversity and inclusive practices.
- Devise case study for campus discussion post session.
- Supply evaluation to submit to the committee.