Master of Arts in Biology for Teachers online degree
Are you fascinated by the natural world? Are you interested in teaching high school dual credit classes, or at a community college? Consider earning your online Master of Arts for Teachers in Biology. This program teaches you how to apply the science and art of teaching to college-level instruction. You will gain the ability to break down and analyze biological concepts for an undergraduate audience, develop and analyze hypotheses and experiments, a fluency with scientific literature, and a richer understanding of biology in the natural world around you.
Specific areas of focus include:
- Molecular and cellular biology, including biochemistry, cell biology, molecular and macromolecular biology, immunology, bioinformatics, and molecular genetics
- Organismal biology, including developmental biology, neurobiology, field zoology, marine community ecology, animal nutrition, ornithology, horticulture, and ecology.
The online Master of Arts for Teachers in Biology requires you to complete 30 credit hours. These credit hours break down into the following requirements:
- Core course (3 credit hours)
- Molecular-cellular electives (6 credit hours)
- Organismal electives (6 credit hours)
- Capstone course (3 credit hours)
- Education component (12 credit hours)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Completion of two courses from the Graduate Certificate in Biology with a minimum grade point average of 3.0