Master of Arts for Teachers in Mathematics online degree
Do you solve equations and complete proofs for fun? Are you interested in teaching high school dual credit classes, or at a community college? Consider earning your online Master of Arts for Teachers in Mathematics.
This program teaches you how to apply the science and art of teaching to college-level instruction. You will learn to analyze and interpret mathematical data for real-world applications, to think and problem-solve mathematically, and to apply the best methods for teaching these lessons to an undergraduate audience.
Specific areas of focus include:
- Topology and geometry
- Differential equations and applications
- Probability and statistics
The online Master of Arts for Teachers in Mathematics requires you to complete 30 credit hours. These credit hours break down into the following requirements:
- Core course ( 9 credit hours)
- Electives ( 9 credit hours)
- Education component (12 credit hours)
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Completion of two courses from the Master of Arts in Mathematics for Teachers with a minimum grade point average of 3.0