The Transition to Teaching, or T2T, Program is designed for hopeful educators who already possess a bachelor’s degree. T2T is an 18-credit-hour program leading to teaching licensure for grades 5-12 in math, science, social studies, fine arts, or English/language arts.
Transition to Teaching (T2T) program candidates must meet one of the following admission requirements:
- Hold an earned bachelor's degree with a minimum grade point average of 3.00 (on a 4.00 scale) from an accredited institution of higher education,
- Hold a graduate degree from an accredited postsecondary educational institution in the subject area or a related field in which the individual intends to teach,
- Hold a bachelor's degree from an accredited postsecondary educational institution with a grade point average of at least 2.50 (on a 4.00 scale) AND have 5 years of professional experience, OR
- Hold both a bachelor's degree with an accredited postsecondary educational institution AND earned a passing score on the state-approved content area examination in the subject area AND Have earned a passing score on CASA (Pearson exams 001, 002, 003) https://www.in.nesinc.com/ or the following exemptions (Master's degree, ACT score of 24, SAT 1100 in RDG/Math, GRE with a score of at least 1100 based on Verbal and Quantitative prior to 8/1/11; GRE with a score of at least 301 based on Verbal and Quantitative on or after 8/1/11, and Praxis I composite score 527 completed before 9/1/13).
Upon completion of this program, you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective educator including knowledge of curriculum, instructional practices, assessment, and professionalism in your chosen content area. Please note you will be required to take an exam for your teaching major and for secondary education prior to becoming licensed.
To apply, please contact our office directly either by calling or sending an email to Andy Robertson. Deadlines are June 30 for a fall semester start and November 30 for a spring semester start.
The post-baccalaureate certificate is designed for those who already possess an earned bachelor’s degree but are looking to become a licensed educator for the K-6 setting. This certificate leads to licensure as an elementary generalist. Upon completion of this program, you’ll have the solid foundation you need to begin making a difference in your own classrooms. To qualify for this program, you must have:
- An earned bachelor’s degree with a minimum grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale from an accredited institution of higher education
- Passing scores on the Indiana Core Academic Skills Assessment (CASA) exams or an earned master’s degree or scores meeting the program’s required scores on the ACT, SAT, or GRE
- An expanded criminal background check
Upon completion of this program, you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to become an effective educator including knowledge of curriculum, instructional practices, assessment, and professionalism in your chosen content area.