Cultivating thriving, successful students
Objective 1: Develop a strategy for supporting the whole student to graduation.
- Identify and address barriers to access and persistence to graduation.
- Develop, catalog, and enhance supports to meet the holistic needs of students.
- Scaffold student connectedness and belonging on campus.
Objective 2: Facilitate and enhance student learning
- Empower students to take ownership of their learning.
- Cultivate students’ relationships with faculty and staff.
- Build a culture of assessment (in Academic Affairs and Student Affairs) and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop a means for convenient, consistent, strategic student communication to increase student knowledge of college success and IU Kokomo campus.
Objective 3: Emphasize career development for students
- Strengthen curricular and co-curricular career development education and resources for students by integrating career development more closely in the curricula in individual majors (for example, by developing a career map that students maintain with a faculty member and/or advisor).
- Increase opportunities for student engagement with their future career path.