Library study rooms are available for currently enrolled IU Kokomo students to use for individual or quiet group study. Rooms are not available for course instruction, faculty office hours, or for meetings among staff, faculty, or student organizations.
All study rooms are available for use from the opening of the Library until ten (10) minutes before closing to allow staff time to perform closing procedures. Reservations are accepted Monday-Friday (see Room Scheduling).
- Two large study rooms on the first floor, KA 116 and KA 118, each accommodate up to eight students and include a conference table, wall-mounted monitor with collaborative technology, and white boards*.
- Four medium study rooms on the first floor KA 147, KA 149, KA 155, and KA 157 each accommodate up to six students and include a conference table, wall-mounted monitor with collaborative technology, and white boards.*
- Four medium study rooms on the second floor KA 220, KA 222, KA 224, and KA 226 each accommodate up to six students and include a table, desktop computer, white board*, and chalkboard**.
The above ten study rooms may be reserved for half hour increments, up to three hours per day, three times per week (Monday-Friday), per individual or group. When not reserved, and all day on Saturday and Sunday, the above ten study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis.
- Three small study rooms on the first floor KA 159, KA 161, and KA 163 are always open for walk-in use. These rooms each accommodate up to four students and include a table, wall-mounted monitor with collaborative technology, and white board*.
*White board markers and erasers may be checked out at the Circulation Service Desk for two-hour periods.
** Additional chalk is available at the Circulation Service Desk.
- Reservations may be made by currently enrolled students up to one week in advance but no less than 24 hours in advance.
- Room reservations must be made using your primary IU email address exactly as listed in the IU Directory. Reservations from other or non-IU email addressed will not be approved.
- Access our booking system to request a reservation (https://iuk.libcal.com).
- You will receive a confirmation email with room number, reservation date/time, and cancellation instructions.
- Study room users without reservations must vacate the room when an individual or group with a reservation arrives. A daily schedule of study room reservations is available online (https://iuk.libcal.com) and will be posted outside each room.
- No-shows: If the room is not claimed within 15 minutes of the reserved time, the reservation will be cancelled and the study room will be available to others for the remainder of the reserved time slot.
The Library is not responsible for unattended belongings. Materials left unattended in a study room for more than 10 minutes will be removed and taken to the Circulation Service Desk.
Please report any problems with the rooms to the Departmental Secretary, KA 233 in the Library or via phone at 765-455-9511.