- Complete an application via the online portal.
- As proof of graduation from an accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing, you will need to submit an official college transcript (degree-granting and graduate courses if applicable).
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Copy of valid, unencumbered R.N. license in the state where practicum will be completed. International students pursuing the administration or education tracks must meet the practice or licensing requirements in their country of origin.
- At least one year experience as an R.N. or currently working as an R.N.
- Complete an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of C or better.
- Complete a criminal background check. The official IU site for students to use is: www.castlebranch.com and the package code is IA03.
- Submit the following:
- Personal statement: Provide a statement of approximately 500 words that identifies your academic goals, career objectives, why you are applying to this program and the qualification you have that make you a strong candidate for this program.
- Answers to the following questions: In approximately 500 words, please answer:
- What experiences (as it relates to clinical, leadership, or research in nursing) do you feel have prepared you for master’s education?
- Describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your development, such as honors, activities, and accomplishments that make you a unique applicant. Be sure to include cross-cultural experiences, travel, hobbies, etc. that might influence your contributions to advanced practice nursing.
- Two professional references: provide two names and contact information (email preferred) for people who know you professionally. Professional references are references from individuals who can attest to your skills, qualifications, and abilities.
- Pay the application fee of $40 ($60 for international students).
Please send hard copies of your personal statement, official transcripts, copy of your valid, unencumbered R.N. license, essays, and resume to Stephanie Graves at the following address:
East Building, KE 309
2300 S. Washington Street
Kokomo, IN 46904-9003
If you need a paper version of this application, please reach out to Stephanie Graves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be completed using the online graduate application by July 1 for fall admission, April 1 for summer admission, and December 1 for January admission. You will be notified within 4 weeks if accepted.
International students and students for whom English is not their primary language, you must submit TOEFL-iBT scores with a required total minimum of 80, and at least 20 for each section. If you run into problems when submitting an application, please reach out to our Office of International Student Services for assistance.
Please note Those students who have not completed an undergraduate statistics class you may enroll in NURS-H 355 DATA ANALYSIS/PRACTICE & RESEARCH (3 CR)- This course will satisfy the undergrad statistics requirement. You will receive a conditional admission until this course has been completed.
If you encounter any problems or difficulties when using the online application portal, please reach out to the IT help desk. You can contact them by emailing your issue to email@example.com or by calling 765-455-9315.