If you already work in the medical field and have your R.N. license, maybe you’ve considered kicking it up a notch and furthering your education. If you’re looking to deepen your knowledge or get up to speed on evidence-based practice, consider earning your R.N. to B.S.N. from Indiana University Kokomo! We know you’re busy so we offer both an online degree track and a hybrid degree track where we come to where you already work!
Being a nurse for 28 years, there is a lot I've done. To get college credit for that experience was huge. It's convenient for me to go straight from work to class, and then get home at a reasonable hour to see my family.
- Tammie Unland
The courses in this track are designed to offer experiential learning from faculty whose passion lies in preparing nurses to be the best they can be. You’ll also have the chance to get to know and work with other professionals who share your goals. When you graduate from this track, you’ll have the knowledge and skills to provide safe, informed, culturally-competent patient care in all kinds of settings and environments.
To best fit you and your busy life, you can choose from two convenient tracks. The online format allows you to work from wherever you are and chase your goals at the same time. The hybrid track is the best of both worlds and allows for in-person connections and flexible formatting.
If you already have your A.S.N. and are ready to delve deeper and hone your nursing skills, join us in an R.N.B.S.N. cohort either near you or online. General education courses can be completed through approved transfer credits, portfolio work, Dantes exams, and coursework at IU Kokomo. Speak to an Academic Advisor to determine general education and degree requirements.
R.N. to B.S.N. Hybrid Degree Completion Track (in person) is designed for all nursing specific coursework to be completed in 3 semesters (12 months) by attending class one night per week for ½ of the year and every other week for ½ of the year. Students may earn up to 15 credit hours for prior learning through ha portfolio review process. These credits may be used to satisfy general elective credit requirements.
R.N. to B.S.N. Online Degree Completion Track is 100% online and requires all general education coursework to be completed prior to beginning the nursing coursework. Online nursing courses may be completed in 12, 18, or up to 24 months.
1. Must have an Associate of Science in Nursing (A.S.N.) degree or nursing diploma from a State Board of Nursing approved School of Nursing or from a nationally accredited nursing program with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (Hybrid) or 2.5 or higher (Online).
3. Send official transcripts from all previous colleges and/or universities to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may go to studentclearninghouse.org to order transcripts.
4. Provide documentation of unencumbered RN license with the State of Indiana (Hybrid) or with the state where practicum will occur (Online).
5. Complete a criminal background check through castlebranch.com. (Package code is ia03 – Initial Background Check Package) Be sure to check your email for communication from CastleBranch regarding your results.
6. Meet with an IU Kokomo nursing advisor [link] to ensure all admission criteria have been met, to create a plan for completing general education requirements, and to ensure all coursework is completed for a timely graduation.”
Hybrid Fall – July 1 (August start)
Hybrid Spring – December 1 (January start)
Online – Rolling admission
First Semester Courses (Nursing)
NURS B331 Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing Practice
NURS B404 Informatics
NURS B304 Health Policy
NURS S474 Applied Healthcare Ethics
Second Semester Courses (Nursing)
NURS H355 Data Analysis in Clinical Practice & Research
NURS R375 Nursing Research & Evidence Based Practice
NURS S475 Health Systems: RNBSN
Third Semester Courses (Nursing)
NURS S487 Nursing Management: RNBSN
NURS R470 Clinical Baccalaureate Nursing Capstone
Ready to take your career in nursing to another level?
Be sure to apply to IU Kokomo and apply to the R.N. to B.S.N. Looking for more details on the kinds of courses you’ll be taking? Visit the most current Academic Bulletin for specifics. If you’ve decided it’s time to go after your B.S.N., we’re so excited for you. Reach out to our friendly and eager-to-help faculty and staff with any questions or concerns. Or, chat with our admissions office about your next steps. We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Indiana University Kokomo resources and social media channels