The Student in Crisis Fund was established in 2008 by Professional Staff Council at IU Kokomo to support degree-seeking, current IU Kokomo Students. Our goal is to support students through life’s unexpected barriers that can keep them from being successful in their current semester. A crisis situation refers to a situation that poses a threat to the student’s health, safety, or well-being. Recipients are limited to receiving up to $200 one time per the calendar year. In some instances, if a student has received the maximum amount of aid allowed, they may be ineligible to receive these funds.
Student in Crisis Fund
Before completing the application request for funds, please evaluate eligibility with the following statements.
- I am currently an IU Kokomo degree seeking. Purdue students are not eligible as their financial aid is processed through Purdue University.
- I am certain that I have used all my available scholarships, grants, and loan funds.
- I have not received Student in Crisis Funds in the past 12 months.
- I do not owe an outstanding Bursar Bill to the university.
- I have an unexpected financial crisis* that will keep me from completing my semester.
- I am aware these funds are for unexpected or crisis situations and not regular monthly expenses.
*a situation that poses a threat to the student’s health, safety, or well-being
If you can answer yes to all these questions, please proceed with applying online. Students who do not meet the criteria or who have received the maximum amount of financial aid, will not be considered for assistance.