FAQs to petition to change a standard letter grade

FAQs for S and P Grades by Petition for Spring 2020

Given the unusual nature of the Spring 2020 semester as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, IU Kokomo Faculty Senate has approved procedures for implementation of UFC amendments to S/F and P grading policies (ACA-66, sections d and f). These procedures are for Spring 2020 only. Students may petition for an S or P grade after final grades have been submitted, upon consultation and approval by the student’s instructor and advisor, to ensure the grade change will be in the student’s best interest given their individual situation and program. The following are related questions and interpretations/answers. We will continue to add to the list as we receive more questions.