Ph.D. in Business Administration from The University of Tennessee
B.S. in Psychology from University of Wisconsin-Platteville
Area of Expertise:
Management, organizational behavior, human resource management, organizational development, leadership, motivation, selection, assessment centers, simulation, experiential learning, career development
My research interests are at the intersection of organizational behavior, industrial/organizational psychology, and entrepreneurship. Specifically, the psychology of entrepreneurs and organizational leadership. Additional areas of focus include various topics surrounding the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- The Impact of Abstract Thinking on Entrepreneurial Intentions. International Journal of Entrepreneurial Behavior and Research
- Managing the Team Project Process: Helpful Hints and Tools to Ease the Workload without Sacrificing Learning Objectives. e-Journal of Business Education & Scholarship of Teaching
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Leadership in Health-Care Succession Planning in Passing the Torch: Planning for the Next Generation of Public-Service Leaders
- Entrepreneurial Inception: The Role of Imprinting in Entrepreneurial Action. Journal of Business Venturing
- The Relationship of Personality to Entrepreneurial Performance: An Examination of Openness to Experience Facets. PhD dissertation, University of Tennessee
- Using Simulations Outside of the Classroom to Aid in-class Active Learning. Midwest SoTL Conference.
- Using IU Career EDGE to Incorporate Career Prep into any Course. 20/20 on Teaching, Learning & Research.
- Entrepreneurial Intentions: ‘I Think I Can’ Or ‘I Think I Will’? Midwest Academy of Management.
- Forming and Evaluating Teams: A Small Change using Online Tools. Midwest SoTL Conference.
- Forming Teams and Evaluating Teamwork: Time-saving Help via Online Tools. 20/20 on Teaching, Learning & Research.
- JoSoTL and JoTLT Editorial Review Board
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Strategic Planning Committee
- Center for Community Engagement
- KEY Coordinator
- Sam Walton Fellow (Enactus advisor)
- Human Resources Student Association advisor
- IU Career EDGE Fellow
- Quality Matters Rubric Certification
- Infor CloudSuite HCM certification
- IU Bicentennial Professor
- Claude Rich Excellence in Teaching Award recipient
- Trustees Teaching Award recipient (multiple times)
- Indiana Commission for Higher Education Lumina Adult Promise Grant
- Applied Learning Grant (numerous)
- Beta Gamma Sigma