General Studies Degree
Are you a “go your own way” kind of person? Looking for a degree that emphasizes convenience, flexibility, and customization? Want to take an active role in your education and your professional pursuits? The general studies degree from Indiana University Kokomo maximizes opportunities and allows you to pursue graduate studies or advance your career!
The Bachelor of General Studies is a multidisciplinary program that emphasizes liberal arts and sciences with three learning areas for you to choose from – arts and humanities, science and mathematics, and social and behavioral sciences.
Earn an individual academic degree
The General Studies program is designed for all different types of students including:
- Adult students who may have previously been in college but did not finish their degree.
- Transfer students, including those from two-year colleges, who want a broad-based degree program.
- Presently enrolled students who are seeking an alternative degree completion path.
The program combines high academic standards with convenience and flexibility, allowing you to:
- Design your class schedule in partnership with your academic advisor.
- Earn a degree online.
- Take online, day, evening, and/or hybrid courses.
- Apply for credit for other accredited universities (old credits accepted).
- Earn credit for CLEP/DSST examinations, and ACE-approved traininng courses.
- Pursue minors and certificates to satisfy your academic and professional goals.
Assessment information for this degree is available from our Assessment landing page.
Can't wait to get started?
If the Bachelor of General Studies from IU Kokomo sounds like the right plan for you, we’re excited to meet you. You can reach out to the friendly faculty and staff in the School of Sciences for more details or, if you’re ready, you can go ahead and apply today. See you soon!