The Student in Crisis Fund was established in 2008 by Professional Staff Council at IU Kokomo to support degree-seeking, current IU Kokomo Students. Our goal is to support students through life’s unexpected barriers that can keep them from being successful in their current semester.
To receive emergency funding, you must meet certain eligibility requirements and go through our application process. You may apply for emergency funding as a last resort to address emergencies. If you have questions or would like assistance with any part of this process, please do not hesitate to call 270-455-9203.
Emergency funding is limited to $300 maximum for an academic year.
To be eligible to receive emergency funding, you must:
- Be eligible for the additional aid according to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (determined as part of the application process)
- Be prepared to provide documentation of the emergency expense
- Not have received any other emergency funding from another IU Kokomo department during the academic year you are applying.
- Agree to have your student loan status reviewed
Meeting the eligibility requirements does not automatically guarantee you will receive funding.
The funding is to be used for one of the following:
- Emergency housing/rent/utilities
- Emergency medical/dental/mental health related expenses
- Educational materials such as technology, books, hardware or software
- Emergency childcare
- Transportation related expenses
- Complete the Student In Crisis Fund application.
- Participate in a meeting via Zoom or by phone with a designated staff member from the Office of Student Life and Campus Diversity to discuss your application as well as how additional campus and community resources may be helpful.
- Make sure you have set up Direct Deposit for funds in one.iu.edu.