At least five days prior to arriving for Orientation, create your Official IU Computing account. If you have internet access at home, you can create this account by going online to One.IU.edu.
If you’d prefer to come to campus, you can stop by the UITS-Kokomo helpdesk at Indiana University Kokomo. We are located in the library, Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m – 9 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Your Official IU Computing account is required for using any technology services on campus.
When you visit One.IU.edu, enter “Create My First IU Account” in the search box. Select that tool, and you’ll be redirected to the account management screen.
You will be prompted to enter your last name, date of birth, and your 10-digit University ID Number (found on your admission letter). Verify the information, and the system will then create your Official IU Computing account.
You will choose your username from several options – select the one you prefer.
Your official university email address will be: email@example.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
After you choose a username, you will be required to create a secure passphrase. Follow the onscreen instructions for setting up your passphrase.
Never save your ADS account username and passphrase into a web browser or website. Hackers know exactly where this information gets stored and can grab your identity in the blink of an eye. Always type your passphrase each and every time you log into a computer. Never save your username and passphrase.
It can take up to 24 hours before you can use your official IU computing account. If you have questions or problems, please call the UITS-Kokomo IT Support Center at 765-455-9315.
You can access your email via One.IU.edu. Search for “Gmail” and select that tool. Enter your username and passphrase, and you can now use your official student email. IU uses your IU email to send all official correspondence. Please form a good habit of checking it regularly for academic, financial, and other crucial messages!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING ONTO A CAMPUS COMPUTER
When logging onto a computer system in IU Kokomo computer labs, classrooms, library, and Library Learning Commons, please do the following:
- Username: (type in your username, for example jrsmith)
- Passphrase: (type in your ADS passphrase)
- Passphrase Changes/Resets
- If you forget or do not remember your passphrase, you must go in person to the UITS-Kokomo Computer Services helpdesk located in the Library, between the hours of Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. to have it reset. You will be required to show a picture ID when requesting a passphrase reset. You cannot have your passphrase changed or reset over the phone.
OTHER TECHNOLOGY RESOURCES
Note: The Knowledge Base is available to students and is a good resource for other computers related information.
Tutoring and Training – One.IU, Canvas, IUware, laptop setup, etc.
If you need any assistance, have questions about what laptop(s) are acceptable for use at Indiana University, need to download required software for your Indiana University academic experience, or are interested in learning more about the features of One.IU or Canvas, please call UITS-Kokomo IT Training staff at 765-455-9589 to request an appointment.
The IT Training staff is available to remove any technology roadblocks and enable your success as a student!
A crucial step in being ready for IU Kokomo is completing placement testing for math course selection. By completing our math placement exam, we can make sure that you will be enrolled in a math class that is appropriately challenging.
Our math placement system is called ALEKS, and you will complete your testing prior to registering for classes. We have arranged for all new students to take the math placement exam on your Orientation day.
If this sounds intimidating, don’t worry! Our system is built to support your success. However, you need to take a little time to create an ALEKS profile. This will unlock practice testing that will help you review main concepts and test successfully.
To set up your ALEKS profile:
- Make sure your official IU account is set up with your username and passphrase. See your admissions letter for instructions. If it has been fewer than 3 days since you set up your Official IU Computing account, you may not yet be able to log into ALEKS.
- Go to One.IU.edu and search for “ALEKS.” Click the tile labeled “Math Placement, Preparation, and Learning.”
- Log in with your username and passphrase. If it’s been at least 3 days since IU Computing Account setup, you should now be able to access a brief tutorial and complete a practice assessment. Your score on the practice is NOT official, but you can work in the system as much as you like in order to get comfortable and test well.
- Once you have completed the practice assessment, you are ready for official placement testing at Orientation.
More info about ALEKS can be found at http://www.iuk.edu/sciences/math-commons/ALEKS-placement-checklist.php