What is Transfer Onboarding, and what is our agenda?
All transfer students new to our campus in fall or spring are strongly urged to attend a Transfer Onboarding event. New Student Orientation lays the foundation for your success at Indiana University Kokomo! You'll learn about registering for classes, navigating campus, how to get the most out of your courses, and how to use our many wonderful supports and resources. You'll also get to meet faculty, staff, student leaders, and fellow new students to help welcome you to our campus. We are excited to meet you and members of your family at this great event!
When is Transfer Onboarding?
We have several dates to choose from and each date is first-come, first-served, and slots fill up quickly. Please RSVP your preferred date.
On the day of each Onboarding event, check-in opens at 12:30 p.m., with the full program beginning at 1p.m. Our half-day program includes:
- Afternoon: Our onboarding for success on campus, getting your Crimson Card (student ID), and accessing computer recourses. You will also have the opportunity to explore campus and find your classrooms if you like!
- Optional morning ALEKS math placement testing for students who need it (talk with your academic advisor when you meet with them prior to this event) – 9:00 a.m. testing start.
It is expected that all transfer students attending IU Kokomo will attend the afternoon session. If you would like to bring family members or other valued people with you, they are welcome!
Please see the “Register for Onboarding” button above to fill out our RSVP form – available dates are listed there.
How should I prepare?
After you have completed your RSVP, you will get messages and reminders to help you be ready. A few crucial pieces:
- Contact the Office of Student Success and Advising at 765-455-9405 to set your advising and registration appointment.
- Set up your official IU computing account at least five days before meeting with your advisor. Instructions are below.
- Optional: Once you have your IU computing account, use it to set up your Math Placement testing profile. Do this three days after you set up your IU computing account. Instructions are below.
- On the day of your Onboarding, come ready to check-in on time, with your picture ID and your IU username and passphrase. Park in the student parking area by Kresge Auditorium and the Kelley Student Center.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Student Success and Advising at 765-455-9405 or email us at NSORSVP@iuk.edu, or stop by room 223 of the Kelley Student Center on campus.
How do I set up my official IU computing account?
To establish your official IU computing and IU email accounts, follow the instructions below. It just takes a few minutes, but is crucial to your visit and is worthwhile and helpful to you! If you need assistance, please call 765-455-9405.
If you establish your official IU email before registering for Orientation, your RSVP confirmation will be sent to that account. So, if you don't happen to see your confirmation in your personal email when you submit your RSVP, consider checking your IU email to see if it is there instead.