- Complete an application via the online portal. Search for IU Kokomo under Add Program to find the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) tracks.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from an accredited baccalaureate degree program in nursing. If your GPA is less than 3.0, you will need to contact our program director of the MSN Non-NP Tracks: Erin Geiselman, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applicants must submit an Official College Transcript (Degree granting and graduate courses, if applicable) demonstrating evidence of successful completion of a 3-credit (16-week semester) undergraduate (300 or 400 level) or higher statistics course with a C or higher grade by the application deadline.
- Curriculum Vitale (CV) /Resume
- Application fee of $40.
- Personal Statement Essay on the questions below.
- Identify your academic goals, career objectives, why you are applying to this program and the qualifications you have that make you a strong candidate for admission.
- What experiences (as it relates to clinical, leadership, or research in nursing) do you feel have prepared you for a master's education?
- Describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your development, such as honors, activities, and accomplishments that make you a unique applicant. Be sure to include cross-cultural experiences, travel, hobbies, etc., that might influence your contributions to advanced practice nursing.
- All students contribute to creating a diverse and inclusive environment when diversity is broadly defined. Whether by a personal attribute, characteristic, culture, experience, or behavior, please tell us how you believe you will contribute to the diversity of Indiana University Kokomo and the nursing profession. The concept of diversity includes the following dimensions: race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and religious beliefs.
Application Deadline: Cohorts start every January/Spring semester and August/Fall semester. The spring admission deadline is September 1st for the first consideration and November 1st for the second consideration. The fall admission deadline is May 1st for the first consideration and July 1st for the second consideration.
Please send hard copies of your official transcripts to the School of Nursing and Allied Health Professions to the attention of Emily Siler at the following address:
East Building, KE323
2300 South Washington Street
Kokomo, IN 46904-9003
International students and students for whom English is not your primary language must submit TOEFL-iBT scores and meet the requirements. If you have difficulty when submitting an application, please reach out to our Office of International Student Services for assistance. International students will have to meet all the requirements specified by governing bodies. Please get in touch with the Program Director for additional detail.
Please note: A 3-credit-hour undergraduate statistics course is required for admission. If you do not have an undergraduate statistics course, you will be required to take the course if accepted. You will receive conditional admission until this course has been completed.
If you encounter any problems or difficulties when using the online application portal, please reach out to the IT help desk. You can contact them by emailing your issue to email@example.com or by calling 765-455-9315.