Indiana University Kokomo prides itself in providing high quality and affordable education to all students. In recognizing the issue of rising tuition cost, IU Kokomo provides merit scholarships and financial assistance to international students. Students can receive up to $20,000 in combined awards. To be eligible for all available funds, students must apply by April 1st. For questions regarding the scholarship programs, please email email@example.com.
All F-1 international students who meet admissions requirements and attend International Student Orientation. Students who are on a full graduate assistantship do not qualify. Students who are sponsored by their government, do not qualify.
Students must maintain a valid F-1 status. Undergraduate students must maintain a minimum of a 2.5 CGPA and graduate students must maintain a minimum of 3.0 CGPA every semester. Students must also complete a minimum of 1 cultural event/activity (please see ACS Cultural Event) each semester.
ACS is awarded for up to $5,000 for the first year for undergraduate students. It will be awarded in installments of $2,500 per semester. New students who have met admissions requirements and attended the International Student Orientation will receive the ACS in the amount of $2,500 for the first semester. During the first semester, if students maintain a CGPA of 2.5 (undergraduates) or higher and participate in a minimum of 1 cultural event/activity – the ACS will be applied to their account again for the following semester in the amount of $2,500.
ACS is awarded for up to $4,000 for the first year for graduate students. It will be awarded in installments of $2,000 per semester. New students who have met admissions requirements and attended the International Student Orientation will receive the ACS in the amount of $2,000 for the first semester. During the first semester, if students maintain a CGPA of 3.0 (graduates) or higher and participate in a minimum of 1 cultural event/activity – the ACS will be applied to their account again for the following semester in the amount of $2,000.
The ACS is renewable every semester while studying at IU Kokomo. Students who lose the scholarship have the ability to appeal (please see ACS Appeal).
ACS CULTURAL EVENTS:
In order to receive the Academic Cultural Scholarship, students must meet the CGPA requirement and participate in one Cultural Event each semester. Below is a list of pre-approved Cultural Events. Students may also request approval for a different event in which they would like to participate. To request approval for an event not on the list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as ACS Cultural Event. The emailed request needs to have a brief description of the event to include the date, purpose, and organizer.
PRE-APPROVED CULTURAL EVENTS:
- Participant in Cultural Day/Night
- Participant in Athletic Event
- Participant in Culture Bash
- Participant in Thanksgiving Program
- Participant in the Peer Mentor Program
- Speaker at local school
- Speaker at Rotary Club
- Serve as an elected official in a IUK Club or Organization
- On-Campus Employment
- Part-time or Full-time CPT
- Part-time or Full-time OPT
- IUK Recruitment Ambassador
LOGGING ACS CULTURAL EVENT:
After completion of an approved Cultural Event, the student will email email@example.com with the subject as ACS Event Completed. The email will include the name and date of the event as well as the name of the coordinator of the event. Students will receive a confirmation email indicating that they have met their Cultural Event requirement. Submissions will not be accepted later than the last day of classes for the semester.
If a student has lost the Academic Cultural Scholarship, they may appeal. Appeals will be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of the email should be ACS Appeal. The appeal email will describe the circumstances of how the scholarship was lost and what changes have been made for success. ACS Appeals are due by 12/31 to be considered for re-activation for the spring semester and 05/31 to be considered for re-activation for the fall semester.
The IUK-IEAS is a tuition reduction that is available to entering international students. Awards are distributed in the first semester.
Criteria & Description:
- Students must apply by March 1st for Fall Semester and August 1st for Spring Semester.
- $500, nonrenewable.
The IUK-IEFA is a tuition reduction, need based financial aid that is available to current IU Kokomo International Students experiencing unforeseen financial difficulties that are beyond their control.
Criteria & Description:
- Must have enrolled at IU Kokomo of a minimum of 1 year.
- Must apply by August 1st for Fall semester or December 1st for Spring semester.
- Priority will be given to students who have no other source of income or scholarship.
- Maximum 2 students per semester.
- $2000, nonrenewable.
- Must maintain legal status.
Required document to apply:
- Personal statement explaining your emergency.
- Proof of extenuating and unforeseen circumstances (Ex: parents’ loss of employment, major natural disaster that affect sponsor’s income, sickness, etc.)
- List of income & expense (current bank statement, paycheck).
- Proof of attempt to gain employment on campus.
- *A committee will meet to determine student eligibility for this assistance*
The Educational Assistance Award (EAA) has been established as a funding opportunity, granted to new IU Kokomo international student applicants. Award details are listed below.
- A student who is starting in a fall semester must apply by April 1st, 2019. Student starting in spring must apply by October 1st, 2019.
- In addition to their application to the university, students will submit a typed letter listing their program of study, goals, and how additional educational finances would assist them in reaching their educational goal (no more than one page/500 words)
- A typed request will be sent as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Please use "Educational Assistance Award" as the subject line of submission email.
- A committee will review the applications and allocate the funds.
- Amount per student will be determined by the committee and is renewable each semester as long as the student remains in valid F-1 status.
- Studens will be notified of awards by the 5th of April for the fall semester and the 5th of October for the spring semester.
Please Note: The Educational Assistance Award is only available for self-sponsored students. Government sponsored students are not eligible. Awarded funds are to be applied to tuition and fees only.