All resident and part-time faculty at IU Kokomo, regardless of rank, including visiting.
The recipients are chosen by the Teaching Awards committee. The Teaching Awards committee chair will send a recommendation letter to the Executive Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs by December 1.
Two awards are given once per year and commemorated with a framed certificate and $1500. Once a faculty member is awarded, they must wait one awarded year before submitting again and cannot submit with the same experience/active learning activity. The chosen experience/active activity must have been implemented within the last three years. Award submissions will be due October 15.
Faculty should electronically submit a record of their Experiential & Active Learning activity to the Administrative Assistant in the Academic Affairs office in PDF format. The record should be 2-3 pages, not to exceed 5 pages and include the following:
- Course Name, Description, Semester taught
- Course Learning Outcomes aligned to the experiential/active learning activity
- Activity and Implementation Description
- Evidence of student learning and meeting of above-stated outcomes (not end of course evaluation data)
- Impact on students (hidden curriculum/soft skills)