IU Kokomo 10-month Faculty Summer Teaching Policy
- Deans and Chairs determine faculty load for all summer sessions dependent upon curricular need, faculty expertise and preference, and student enrollment.
- A faculty summer course load is not mandatory nor guaranteed and maintains a maximum of six credit hours.
- Summer pay is based on 10% of a faculty member’s Academic Salary for each 3 - credit hours up to the stated cap.
- The summer pay cap is increased each year by the average increase in faculty salaries.
- Summer pay rates are similar for both summer sessions in the same calendar year.
- Faculty who receive a Summer Faculty Fellowship can teach a maximum load of three credit hours.
- Faculty course load beyond six credit hours requires approval by the appropriate dean, who then provides the justification to the Academic Affairs Office.