Have you worked hard in high school to prepare for college and wonder whether your academic record will be recognized? Indiana University Kokomo has distinctive merit scholarship programs to recognize high school seniors who have an academic record that demonstrates potential for college success.The Chancellor's and the Dean's scholarship program provide four-year scholarships to students who meet and maintain academic criteria. In order to be considered for the Chancellor's or Dean's Scholarships, students must complete the application for admission, provide an official high school transcript, and provide SAT or ACT test scores. Following is a summary of requirements:
2020-21 THE DEAN'S SCHOLARSHIP
- $1,500 Dean's Scholarship (renewable for three years)**
- High school*** class rank in the top 20 percent
- Combined NEW SAT score of 1060 (ERW & M) or ACT = 21
- Limited funds available; priority given to early admits
**Dean's scholarships are renewed for three additional years when satisfactory academic progress is achieved. Upon entering IU Kokomo, recipients of a Dean's scholarship must be enrolled full time, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0, and complete 30 credit hours each aid year to qualify for renewal. Students must be full-time each semester to renew their Chancellor or Dean scholarship. Students must successfully complete at least 30 credit hours to be eligible for a second year scholarship, 60 hours for a third year scholarship, and 90 hours for a fourth year scholarship.
2020-21 THE CHANCELLOR'S SCHOLARSHIP
- $2,500 Chancellor's Scholarship (renewable for three years)*
- High School*** class rank in the top 10 percent
- Combined NEW SAT score 1200 (ERW & M) or ACT = 25
- Freshman year
- Choice of Windows or Macintosh Laptop Computer
- Computer Software
* Chancellor's scholarships are renewed for three additional years when satisfactory academic progress is achieved. Upon entering IU Kokomo, recipients of a Chancellor's must be enrolled full time, maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.3, and complete 30 credit hours each aid year to qualify for renewal.
The Indiana University Kokomo Direct Admit Scholarship program is designed for high achieving incoming freshmen who wish to enter the schools of nursing. In addition to a significant monetary scholarship, this unique program offers guaranteed admission into the students’ selected program. Competing for limited admission into a pre-professional program can be stressful. The scholarship is designed to alleviate that burden while rewarding outstanding performance.
Students guaranteed admission into a direct admit program will receive:
- $2500 renewable academic scholarship
- A laptop computer (choice of Mac or PC)
- $1000 stipend for international travel studies
In addition, all IU Kokomo students receive:
- Tutoring assistance
- An opportunity to join a major related student club or organization
- Free software
Requirements for the Direct Admit Scholarship Program:
- SAT 1200 (ERW & Math)
- Top 10% ranking in high school graduating class
- Maintain 3.3 GPA at IU Kokomo
- Complete 30 credits per academic year at IU Kokomo
- Meet with advisor for approved courses (important to take correct sequence of courses)
2020-2021 Academic Year
As an out of state student you may be eligible for the Midwest Student Exchange Program (MSEP) instead of the Out of State scholarship. The MSEP award provides tuition at 150% of the in-state rate. If you qualify, the cost of IU Kokomo tuition would be approximately $10,568.04 per academic year excluding mandatory fees. In order to qualify for MSEP you must be a newly admitted eligible student who is a legal resident of one of the following states:
- North Dakota
IU offers a $4,000 scholarship for an IU sponsored International trip. This is a one time award that can be used after the completion of 60 credit hours.
IU Kokomo offers full and part-time scholarships. The $500 and $1,000 scholarships are for students who are currently attending or have attended an accredited institution in the past two years. Students should complete their A.S. or A.A. degree or have 45 or more hours with a 2.5 GPA or above.
- Students must be admitted by May 15 for fall awards.
- There is no application. A committee will review all students who meet the requirements and have been admitted by the deadline.
- Priority will be given to early admits.
- No previously admitted degree-seeking IU students are eligible.
- The scholarship is renewable for an additional year if the requirements are met.
Any student athlete who qualifies for the Dean's or Chancellor's scholarship will receive an additional $1500 per year in athletic scholarship.
- Maintain 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Complete enough credit hours to progress to the next class level
- Remain a member of an athletic team
- Additional $1000 is available for each student athlete for their junior and senior year, provided they have:
- Earned 60 hours (rising juniors) or 90 hours (rising seniors)
- Maintain 2.5 GPA
- Earned at least 2 varsity letters
- Hours from other institutions, ACP, summer courses, etc. will count toward the 60 and 90 hour totals, but the student must have been enrolled at IU Kokomo for their four semesters
Tuition and mandatory fees for one three-credit summer course per summer offered at IU Kokomo
- Must have completed the two previous semesters at IU Kokomo
- Be a member in good standing on any athletic team for both semesters
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 2.5
Are you a member of Phi Theta Kappa?
To qualify for this $1000 scholarship you must:
- Provide evidence that you are a member of PTK
- Must have earned an associate degree at the time the scholarship is applied
This scholarship is renewable for one year as long as the following requirements are met:
- Maintain 2.5 GPA
- Complete enough credit hours to progress to senior status