Online Graduate Certificate in Political Science
Are you a political junkie? Are you a high school teacher who wants to teach dual-credit courses? Do you want to continue your education, but need a program that fits in your busy life? Consider enrolling in the online Graduate Certificate in Political Science program at Indiana University Kokomo!
This 18-credit hour online program offers a high-quality IU education from the same professors who teach on campus at IU Bloomington, IU Kokomo, IU East, IUPUI, IU Northwest, IU South Bend, and IU Southeast, while allowing you to work on studies on your time. You will learn with online peers, studying political philosophy, American politics, comparative politics, public opinion, and research methods.
When you complete the program, you will be able to:
- Describe the subfields of political science, the central questions they address, and the methods they typically employ.
- Evaluate and critique empirical social science research through literature review and the application of tools and strategies of political analysis.
- Interpret, analyze, and trace the influence of major political thinkers and movements that have influenced the development of American democracy.
- Isolate and analyze factors that shape the political attitudes, beliefs, and preferences of individuals and groups and map their impacts on political behavior and decision-making.
- Evaluate and analyze the major institutions of American national politics.
- Situate and analyze American political institutions, processes, and behaviors in a comparative perspective that accounts for regional and international differences.
To earn the Graduate Certificate in Political Science, you must complete 18 credit hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts from each undergraduate institution
- 250-word personal statement explaining background and reasons for entering the program
In addition to teaching, this certificate can prepare you for careers in:
- Policy Analysis
- NGO management
- National security
- Public service
- And more!